Kingsport Paternity Lawyer Assisting Families in Bristol and Johnson City
Seasoned Kingsport paternity lawyers bring results
If you are the mother of a child born out of wedlock, you can take paternity action against the biological father and ask the court to order him to pay child support. Requiring the father to pay child support does not, however, confer automatic legitimacy. If you are the biological father of an out-of-wedlock child, and you wish to become the legal father, you must bring a legitimation action in order to gain this right. The Kingsport paternity attorneys at The Law Firm of Gilly, Hill and Schaefer have a track record of success in the area of paternity and legitimation, and they can help both mothers and fathers in out-of-wedlock scenarios.
Paternity can be easily determined today
In the past, it was not possible to determine the paternity of an out-of-wedlock child with certainty. Today, however, thanks to the technology of DNA testing, paternity can be accurately ascertained. This means that if the identity of the father is unknown, or if the known father denies paternity, the court can order a DNA test.
- If the results of the DNA test are positive, the biological father will be ordered to pay child support.
- After paternity is established, fathers cannot voluntarily terminate their parental rights.
- Once paternity is established, child support, custody and visitation rights can be determined in the same way as they are for married parents.
Help with disputes over paternity, child support and legitimation
Stephen L. Gilly and Nicholas Schaefer are paternity lawyers in Kingsport who can help both mothers who wish to obtain child support and fathers who wish to legitimize their fatherhood. They can provide useful services to:
- Mothers who are trying to establish paternity in order to secure child support
- Unmarried men who are denied contact with their children
- Fathers who wish to obtain custody rights
The Law Firm of Gilly, Hill and Schaefer provides practical help for mothers and fathers of children born out of wedlock.
Paternity attorneys in Kingsport provide valuable help with paternity disputes
The Law Firm of Gilly, Hill and Schaefer, Kingsport paternity lawyers serving north east Tennessee, is there for you when the unexpected happens. We are experienced in resolving issues of paternity and establishing legitimation. Located in Kingsport, we serve clients throughout north east Tennessee. Call us at 423-246-3811 to arrange for a free initial consultation, or contact us online.